-- Jimmy LaSaliva, co-founder and president of the gay conservative group GOProud, at CPAC
1) "Right now"? It took him until "right now" to be embarrassed to call himself a Republican. Man, there is a guy with a protective force-shield around him that would make Star Fleet Command jealous.
2) I am very impressed that a gay conservative group was actually able to get into CPAC.
3) When I first read this, I thought it was from Abraham Lincoln.
4) Actually, this could have been said by Ronald Reagan, too, if he was alive. Or Dwight Eisenhower. Or Gerald Ford. Or even Richard Nixon. And most definitely Barry Goldwater. "Mr. Conservative."
5) I started to think Nelson Rockefeller would say the same thing, but then realized that, no, he wouldn't. But that's only because, right now, Nelson Rockefeller would be a Democrat.
6) "LaSaliva"? I understand that he's GOProud. And he's most likely all about being open and honest, which is great. But seriously, if you're president of a gay group at a conservative convention, couldn't he at least have come up with a stage name just for the weekend, other than "Saliva"?
7) Mr. LaSaliva is only the co-founder of GOProud. Dear God, please don't tell me the other co-founder isn't embarrassed to be a Republican right now. Then again, given that this is the GOP, he may be the world's only gay co-founder of a gay group who isn't openly gay.