A highly-visible Tweet has been making the rounds since yesterday, and causing quite a stir in the news, relating to John Kerry being on his boat during the crisis in Egypt.
Possible reasons there was no response when she shouted "Morsi."
1. They didn’t hear her, because her voice didn’t carry over the ocean, across other boats, above other shouting and mixed with general noise.
2. They heard her. But didn’t know what in the world she was saying. Someone thought she was shouting, “Morrie!”, but there was no one there named Morrie.
3. John Kerry doesn’t generally respond to being shouted at. Like most people.
4. John Kerry heard, but didn’t want to shout back over the ocean and probably be misinterpreted during an international crisis.
5. John Kerry heard, but…well, was busy on the phone dealing with the crisis in Egypt.
6. John Kerry heard, and wanted to respond, but didn’t know what the proper reply was to, “Morsi.”
7. They heard her, but didn't have a proper answer ready to give yet, in the midst of an international crisis..
8. They heard her, but didn't know who she was.
9. They heard her, had a good answer, but just didn't want to say anything from the deck of a boat.
10. They heard her, but thought she was identifying herself.
11. Shouting "Morsi" isn't a question, and they were waiting for one.
Robert J. Elisberg is a political commentator, screenwriter, novelist, tech writer and also some other things that I just tend to keep forgetting.
Feedspot Badge of Honor