In answer to the question -- no, I did not watch the Inauguration, nor the Address. I didn't have the stomach for it. And besides, I wasn't up for listening to a speech that I presumed would be 90% lies. And the remaining 10% was not only likely to be repugnant, but I'd heard it before. And my assumption too was that rather than address about America and the direction of the country, it would mostly be about the speaker. And anything important, I could pick up on the news.
Instead, I went out for much of the day. It not only was very relaxing, but delicious, as well, since I got my fave, the classic Apple Pancake at Walker Bros. The Original Pancake House.
I've had the news on since getting back, and hearing "President Trump" is just pathetic and horrific. In an alternative universe it would be a bizarre, laughable joke.
Instead, I thought this would be the proper time to play perhaps the most beatific, soothing piece of music I know. Johann Sebastian Bach's glorious, "Sheep May Safely Graze."
Robert J. Elisberg is a political commentator, screenwriter, novelist, tech writer and also some other things that I just tend to keep forgetting.
Feedspot Badge of Honor