Here's the Tweet. Who Said It? --
It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man’s version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think..
Okay, your options are --
A) An eight-year-old child.
B) A delusional person wearing an aluminum foil hat
C) James Bond
D) Gilbert Gottfried
E) None of the Above
Pencils down. Do you all have your answers in? This was somewhat of a trick question, because the correct answer is -- None of the above. For bonus points, you can make a guess on your own.
All entries must now have been submitted. The answer is that this was said by the sitting president of the United States.
No, really. You can look it up. I know that you think that can't be right, since there are SO many other Really Important Things going on in the world at the moment -- terrorism, nuclear threat with North Korea, a major tax bill that will impact all Americans, three investigations of administration illegal contacts with Russian, Puerto Rico still without water and power and trying to recover, Florida and Houston still rebuilding after hurricanes, an upcoming election in Alabama with a pedophile on the ballot, gun control after two major mass shootings, a U.S. Navy plane crashing in the ocean near Japan with 11 on board, and White House military aides charges with improper contact with foreign women during the recent trip to Asia, for starters.
But not, Trump took on LaVar Ball, the father of one of the three kids arrested in China for shoplifting. So, let's just show you that Tweet to prove it.
See?!! I wasn't lying. He really said it.
And by the way, it's even worse, because there was a second tweet, following up on this, that he sent to LaVar Ball, lecturing the father. Honest. But for now, we'll leave that be because we don't want your heads to explode. This is enough to deal with. And to make things easier for you all, we provide a service here for you where you can choose your own ready-made response, without having to think about it too much.
1) It was all those others who worked on the problem first and then finally got you to call.
2) It was the State Department who who told you what to say.
3) It was Chinese President Xi Jinping who actually released them.
4) This is about a father is protecting his CHILD.
5) LaVar Ball loves PR, everybody who follows sports even the slightest ALL knows that.
6) Wait, is this a racist thing?
7) ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.
8) Nice to know you have your eyes on the prize.
10) You really want to get into a thing about "hair" and being bald?
11) Don King supports you, you really want to trash him now as a blowhard?
12) "Thinking" doesn't seem to be a big part of this.
13) If this was to distract from the Russia investigation, the Special Counsel isn't paying attention.
14) The three kids hadn't had a trial yet, so they might not even have had a short prison sentence, let alone a "long term" one.
14) When will you be releasing your tax returns, especially with a tax bill on the table now?
16) You just endorsed a pedophile.